Separating with a spouse is a stressful and complicated time during a person’s life. Pun & Jiang Law is experienced with counseling and guiding clients through the intricacies of the BC family law regime. Whether you are married or in a common law relationship, it is important to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. The lawyers at Pun & Jiang Law will protect your rights and ensure that you achieve your goals through the separation process.
If you have a (relatively) reasonable spouse, Pun & Jiang Law can work with you while you negotiate the terms of a separation agreement:
- Determining parenting arrangements for children.
- Calculating child support payable.
- Calculating spousal support payable
- Determining the division of family property and family debt
If your spouse is not willing to settle or just being unreasonable, the lawyers at Pun & Jiang Law are ready to fight for you in court. Pun & Jiang Law understands that you and your children may be facing special circumstances that may make it seem like settlement is impossible. We have experience in handling a variety of matters that is more common that it may seem. If you are looking for a family lawyer that has experience with the following family law issues, Pun & Jiang Law can assist:
- Pun & Jiang Law has successfully obtained Protection Orders and Orders for the Exclusive Occupancy of the family residence from the Supreme Court of BC
- You or your spouse wish to return to China with the children
- You and your spouse both want sole custody of the children
Child Support & Spousal Support
- You do not know what your spouse earns in a year, they keep their finances secret
- Your spouse is refusing to work so they can pay less spousal support
- You or your spouse has undeclared cash income
- Your spouse is refusing to pay support
Division of Family Property
- Your spouse is dissipating family assets, or your spouse has a history of gambling
- Your spouse is trying to hide family property
- You or your spouse has a family business (in British Columbia, China, or worldwide)
- You or your spouse’s parents purchased the family residence
- You or your spouse’s parents subsidized your family living expenses
If you would like to know our fees, enter the password to view our Family Law Fee Schedule.